- We need your last name and phone number so that we may contact you.
- We may require proof of age to limit the contest to ages 1-12.
- Home-made and original costumes are encouraged and will be given preference in the judging by Forest City Surplus.
- You may enter with multiple costumes, but you can win only one prize.
- Gift certificate prizes are redeemable in-store for store merchandise only.
- Winners will be determined by one half votes on social media and one half judging by Forest City Surplus staff, similar to the systems on the TV shows Canadian Idol and American Idol. Each voter is allowed three votes. Judges for the Halloween Costume Contest (or members of their immediate family) are not eligible for the Costume Contest.
- If you won a prize in previous years, you must present a new costume. Wearing the same costume is not allowed. And yes, we do keep track from year to year.
- Sorry, no pets.
How To Enter the ContestCome into our store during store hours with your costume between Saturday, Oct. 24, 2020 and Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020 (by 3:30 p.m.) to be photographed and entered into the contest.
At 11:00 a.m., Friday, Oct. 30, 2020, we will release the voting links for all entries at the same time
(Entries are still welcome up to 3:30 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020. However, those entries will have the same voting deadline).
On 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020, the voting period will end, and votes will be inaccesible.
PrizesThe 10 costumes with the most votes for each category will move on to the judging round.
Winners will be determined by one half votes on social media and one half judging by Forest City Surplus staff, similar to the systems on the TV shows Canadian Idol and American Idol.
Each person voting is allowed THREE votes for prize winners. We encourage everyone to vote: family, friends, neighbors, etc. can all be sent a link to the contest page to help them vote.
Winners will be announced on this site on Saturday, Nov. 7, 2020.
After the children’s contest winners are announced, all child participants who did not win one of the top three prizes will be invited to choose a consolation prize of one bag of Jelly Belly gourmet jelly beans, one bag of Nature’s Bounty snacks, one foam military glider, or one growing pet egg. Winners will be announced on this site on November 7.
Winning contestants will have 5 days from the day contacted to pick up their prize. Failure to pick up prize or provide correct contact information will result in the prize being awarded to the next contestant with the most votes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.